Along the Mississippi River between Memphis, Tennessee, and St. Louis, Cape Girardeau, Missouri, has a variety of indoor and outdoor activities for all ages. Life Care Center of Cape Girardeau is located close to shopping, restaurants and hotels. For a day trip, we suggest:
- The Cape Girardeau Convention and Visitors Bureau provides a guide to attractions, shopping, hotels and restaurants in the area.
- The Red House Interpretive Center offers visitors a glimpse into the life of Lewis Lorimier, community founder, and Lorimier's Trading Post, a stop on Lewis and Clark's expedition.
- One of four forts built to protect the strategic city during the Civil War, John Wesley Powell’s Fort D Historic Site is the only fort remaining intact.
- The Show Me Center, located on South East Missouri State University campus, holds concerts, sporting events, family entertainment and serves as a convention center.
- Old Town Cape, Inc., works with the mission to revitalize the downtown area, and gives a list of events, attractions and shops in the historic city center.